We are looking for an experienced Back-end developer to join our IT team.
You will be responsible for the server side of our web applications.
If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications or improving existing ones, we would like to meet you.
As a Back-end developer, you’ll work closely with our engineers to ensure system consistency and improve user experience.
Ultimately, you should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable web applications to meet our company’s needs.
- Identify and analyze user requirements
- Prioritize, assign and execute tasks throughout the software development life cycle
- Develop Java EE applications
- Write well-designed, efficient code
- Review, test and debug team members’ code
- Design database architecture
- Schedule product releases with internal teams
- Document development phases
- Ensure our applications are secure and up-to-date
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Perform UI tests to optimize performance
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features
- Follow emerging technologies
- Strong Java 7/8 experience
- Experience with Spring framework, specifically Spring Boot is an advantage
- Strong skills in automated testing frameworks
- Strong skills in relational database systems (e.g. Postgres)
- Strong skills in creating clean REST APIs, working with JSON, SOA, microservices
- A university degree (preferably in Computer Science)
- Familiar with key development and collaboration tools (git, Jira, Confluence etc.)
- NoSQL technologies (e.g. Amazon S3, Cassandra, ...)
- Experience with cloud deployment (e.g. Amazon Web Services)
- Experience in building large scale highly robust, low latency and highly available backend systems
- Experience with profiling and application performance management tools
- Experience with logging tools (e.g. LogStash)
- 5+ years of work experience in teams for senior, 2+ years for intermediate
- Entrepreneurial with insatiable curiosity, agility and an established track record of hard-work and dedication to results.
- An individual with team spirit, enthusiasm and professionalism who has outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- We pride ourselves in creating a diverse friendly workplace. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to join us.
- Experience in implementing microservices and back-end architectures in highly modular deployments using docker